Re: [Xen-users] xen on NAS

  • To: chandraprakash.gupta@xxxxxxx
  • From: "trilok nuwal" <tc.nuwal@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2008 18:22:55 +0530
  • Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Delivery-date: Thu, 21 Feb 2008 04:53:35 -0800

First You have to  mount NAS server to Linux machine, assume this is mounted to dir /mnt in linux machine.

Now you could dd /de/hda3 to NAS server in a file backed VBD.

# dd if=/dev/hda3 of=/mnt/hda.disk

Now modify ur config file slightly as below.

kernel = "/usr/lib/xen/boot/hvmloader"
builder='hvm'

memory = 1024

name = "winxp"

vcpus=1

pae=0

acpi=0

apic=0

cpus = ""

vif = [ 'type=ioemu, bridge=xenbr0' ]

#disk = [ 'phy:/dev/hda3,ioemu:hda,w' ]

disk = [ 'file:/mnt/hda.disk,ioemu:hda,w' ]

on_reboot   = 'restart'

on_crash    = 'destroy'

device_model = '/usr/lib/xen/bin/qemu-dm'

sdl=0

vnc=1

vncviewer=0

stdvga=0

serial='pty'

ne2000=0

usb=1

usbdevice='tablet'

and restart the domain.

Other way u could populate the root file system in some NAS dir also. But this usage and reliability isa suspected.

Thanks
Trilok