[Xen-users] usb->serial converter + export that serial port in pv DomU

Hello all!

I have Centos 5.1 64bit xen Dom0 and ABIT mobo with no serial ports.
The task is:

- connect an external fax modem to Dom0 via USB -> to serial converter cable
- export that serial port to paravirtualized Gentoo DomU for use with
Hylafax

I found the solution:
http://www.olivetalks.com/2008/01/24/usb-forwarding-on-xen by exporting
mobo usb PCI device to domU.
But unfortunately it seems not to be stable setup as noted by author.
Although I successfully use a similar approach for PCI printer port card
(Dom0) and HASP device (DomU) in production environment with no problems
at all.
Are there differences for USB?

I connected USB to serial converter cable to my Dom0 machine. Everything
is detected and ok. I see /dev/ttyUSB0 as my serial port.
How to export /dev/ttyUSB0 to my DomU?
I suppose the irq and ioports options in domU config file are not
applicable to port created by USB converter cable.

If this setup is impossible for paravirtualized domU, then I can create
a HVM gentoo DomU.
What about usb=1 option or serial='/dev/ttyUSB0' option?

andris