RE: [Xen-users] GPL PV - Windows 2000 Server

On Tue, 2008-02-19 at 12:13 +1100, James Harper wrote:
> > I pulled and tried to compile, but it failed for Win2k environment
> > (checked and free). So I'm attaching the output for James:
>
> I did the same just before I got your email. The xennet driver must be
> depending on a version of NDIS that isn't supported by win2k.
>
> Andy: Have you investigated supporting a lower version of NDIS? I guess
> one of the advantages of virtualisation is being able to support older
> OS's that aren't necessarily supported by current hardware, so I think
> there is some value in doing so.

See http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms797348.aspx

At first glance, it looks like it would be very easy to switch to NDIS
5.0 -- the only things we do that are 5.1-specific are MiniportShutdown
and 64-bit counters.

I'm not going to do the work, but I'd have no objection if someone else
did :-)

Regards -- Andy