Re: [Xen-users] 32Bit PVM on 64Bit dom0?

Sebastian Reitenbach schrieb:
Hi,

When this is just not working, then I have to run the dom0 in 32Bit. Do I can then assign 4GB RAM to each domU, or will the dom0 be unable to handle that amount of memory? I assume I need a PAE enabled Xen kernel for the dom0? But will I need such a kernel then for the domU's too?

Take a look at
xm info

if you're running a 64bit hypervisor on recent platform you should see
something like

xen_caps               : xen-3.0-x86_64 xen-3.0-x86_32p hvm-3.0-x86_32
hvm-3.0-x86_32p hvm-3.0-x86_64

this indicates, you're able to run PV 64bin, PV 32bit PAE, hvm x86, hvm PAE and
hvm 64bit
... NOT PV 32bit ;)

hope this helps.

btw. if you quickly need a 2.6.18.8 kernel, you can take http://boreas.netz-haut.net/pub/kernelpack-2.6.18.8-xen-x86_32.tar.gz