Re: [Xen-users] Release 0.8.0 of GPL PV Drivers for Windows

jim burns schrieb:
On Thursday 21 February 2008 05:05:56 am James Harper wrote:
I've just uploaded the latest release of the GPL PV drivers for Windows.

Well, the results are in. No BSODs. Still minor differences in file copy times between booting w/ /gplpv and w/o. (File backed vbd on the dom0 disk, 100Mb/s physical ethernet.) Still can't access a physical cd. Not trying pvSCSI.

I can confirm the problem w/ unaccessable CD. Besides this, "sometimes" i've
got TWO CDRom Devices, never noticed this for HDD on 0.8.0.

Another problem i found during benchmarking (I posted the results in an earlier
thread): After running the system /gplpv a reboot into non-/gplpv causes heavy
chkdsk action, also a (never before seen) warning pops up after windows finished
to start, to remind running chkdsk again manually during next reboot.
But, as far as I can see, no data really lost, but this is scary.

Tests were done on XP Pro 64bit running vcpu=1 on Xen 3.2.0 / 2.6.18.8 dom0