From: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Sebastian
Reitenbach
Sent: Friday, February 22, 2008 2:38 AM
To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] 32Bit PVM on 64Bit dom0?

Hi,

I tried to start a 32Bit PVM system on a 64Bit dom0, and got the
following
error:
Using config file "./VM1".
Error: (2, 'Invalid kernel', 'xc_dom_compat_check: guest type
xen-3.0-x86_32
not supported by xen kernel, sorry\n')

and it just did not started. Is ist just because of the different
32/64Bit
of domU and dom0? The xen in the dom0 is configured to be backward
compatible. The dom0 is a xen 3.1.0, the domU is a xen 3.0.3.

When this is just not working, then I have to run the dom0 in 32Bit. Do
can then assign 4GB RAM to each domU, or will the dom0 be unable to
handle
that amount of memory? I assume I need a PAE enabled Xen kernel for the
dom0? But will I need such a kernel then for the domU's too?

kind regards
Sebastian

Sorry if this mail hits the M/L twice, I sent the original yesterday
afternoon, and still nothing on the list, therefore resending it now.