Re: [Xen-users] DomU kernel compilation question...

Hi,

i've never used it, but via pygrub this should be possible. As far as
I know, pygrub uses a menu entry at domU's /boot directory and also
loads the kernel from this place. I could be wrong, but this way, the
owner of a domU is able to use his own kernel (as long as it's valid
for the host architecture (PAE/64bit vs non-PAE) and contains the xen-
patches. A vanilla kernel will probably not work.
If you want to give full access to the domU owner, use HVM domU's.

cheers, Stephan

Guillaume Thiery schrieb:
Hi,

I just want to have the confirmation of something that i was asked for.
Some colleagues wanted to know if it was possible for the owner of a DomU
(who doesn't have any access to the dom0 host) to recompile his domU kernel
in order to customize the options. I have answered him that it was not
possible because the domU kernel was on the dom0 /boot directory but I
wanted a confirmation in order to be sure that I have not said any errors.

Thanks for your help,

Guillaume Thiery

Stephan Seitz
Senior System Administrator

*netz-haut* e.K.
multimediale kommunikation

zweierweg 22
97074 wÃrzburg

fon: +49 931 2876247
fax: +49 931 2876248

web: www.netz-haut.de <http://www.netz-haut.de/>

registriergericht: amtsgericht wÃrzburg, hra 5054