[Xen-users] Re: GPL PV - Windows 2000 Server

  • To: "James Harper" <james.harper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: "Dan VerWeire" <dverweire@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2008 17:21:19 +0000
  • Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Delivery-date: Fri, 22 Feb 2008 11:26:14 -0800

Dan,

I've got the driver to compile under windows 2000, but someone else (eg
you :) will have to do the testing. I'll include the windows 2000 binary
in the next release, in the next hour or so.

I've basically just stripped out the two things that were preventing it
from compiling. One didn't do anything anyway, the other is the shutdown
handler, so the best result you can hope for is that the drivers will
work but won't unload (or will crash if you try to disable or uninstall
the xennet driver). This should be easy to fix but I won't bother until
I get a report that they are otherwise working.

James

James,

It would be my pleasure to test them out. I look forward to the next release and will test them out on Monday. Will be out of town this weekend.

Thank you so much for looking into this.

Dan