Re: [Xen-users] Xen patch for Linux 2.6.22 / 2.6.23

Am Friday, den 22 February hub Mark Williamson folgendes in die Tasten:

Hi!

> > Is there any progress to have Linux 2.6.22 or 2.6.23 as dom0/domU or I
> > miss something ?
> > Is there any web site describe patching procedure ?
> > Currently I use xen-unstable repo.

> Some distros (e.g. Fedora) forward-port the Xen patches to newer kernels.  I
> believe Fedora 8 has a Xenified kernel derived from 2.6.22, for instance.

> Mainline kernel.org Linux has had basic (but limited in some ways) domU
> support since 2.6.23 and it is being improved in subsequent releases.

This brings me to the quenstion, when e.g. the
suspend/resume/live-migration stuff will be available in vanilla kernel.
What has to be done to accomplish this? Is there anything one could
do, to help you pushing this into mainline?

> 2.6.23's support for Xen was new and a few bugs showed up; at least some of
> these were fixed in 2.6.23.y stable releases.

> I've been working on a howto at
> http://wiki.xensource.com/xenwiki/Kernel.org_Linux_on_Xen

> This howto attempts to describe how to build and run a kernel.org kernel on
> Xen.  These instructions may contain errors though, so be careful ;-)

Nice howto.
While reading over it, I didn't find anything which according to my
experiences would be wrong.

Ciao
Max
--