[Xen-users] Back in time..

  • To: Xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: b52@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 23 Feb 2008 11:15:00 +0100 (CET)
  • Delivery-date: Sat, 23 Feb 2008 02:15:27 -0800

FYI,

I did a live migration of a domU between two hosts (xen3.1.3).
The time at the destination host was 10 seconds behind the time at the
source host. After migrating from "the future to the past" I discoverd
that the time stops inside the domU, until the destination host reaches
the migration time of the source host. Then time and space is normal again
:)

You may verify this with date in a domU console.

I discovered this, because after migration the domU was only able to ping
any host once and got 0.000ms values. Everything else, which wasn't
related to time (and space) worked normal.

 CYA yesterday .. *zap*
 -- Holger