Re: [Xen-users] network-multinet usage?

  • To: "Tom Horsley" <tom.horsley@xxxxxxx>
  • From: "Todd Deshane" <deshantm@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 23 Feb 2008 19:03:50 -0500
  • Cc: "xen-users @ lists. xensource. com" <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Delivery-date: Sat, 23 Feb 2008 16:04:23 -0800

On Sat, Feb 23, 2008 at 6:55 PM, Tom Horsley <tom.horsley@xxxxxxx> wrote:
On Fri, 22 Feb 2008 21:52:17 -0500
"Todd Deshane" <deshantm@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Also remember that you should do ifconfig -a so that you actually see the
> vethX devices.

Tried that, don't see any different output with or without -a, also
explicitly tried ifconfig vethN for N in 0..9, nothing there :-);

> The vethX devices should be created automatically by Xen according to the
> faq [1]

I learned to stop reading the FAQ years ago :-).

So, remind me again what versions of Xen, kernel version, base distro if that is relevant, etc. that you have?

And also what are the key points of configs that you needed to change to get where you are?

And finally the end goal is:

"to make my VMs appear on a subnet of their very
own and route traffic to/from them from the Dom0.
"
can you expand on that a little? Since it could be interpreted in a couple ways.

Todd