Re: [Xen-users] Release 0.8.0 of GPL PV Drivers for Windows

On Sunday 24 February 2008 10:08:45 pm Fajar A. Nugraha wrote:
> I've just tested 0.8.0 with WinXP/RHEL5/xen-3.1.
> Network performance is the same as with 0.7.0, 100-something kbps,
> tested with one and two CPUs.
>
> This is with apic and acpi enabled. Changing any of those two requires
> reinstalling windows, so I'd rather not do it just yet :)
> Is there any recipe to get a decent network performance? Host OS/xen
> version/config combo that is tested to work?

Don't know what's limiting you. See the iometer benchmarks I posted early
today in the thread 'New binary release of GPL PV drivers for Windows'. I'm
getting 1Mbps on 4k read/writes, and 4Mbps on 32k, file backed vbd. (Actually
doesn't seem to matter whether I'm using PV drivers or Qemu.)