Re: [Xen-users] GPL PV drivers in Windows Server 2008

Hi.

Op Monday 25 February 2008 11:45:48 schreef James Harper:
> Can you put something like it in, eg GPLPV=1?

No, you can only set predefined options. They all have a unique 32 bit id
(type) and a data type (format). In bcdedit you can also use display names
for most of the settings for easier editting.

The ones used by winloader are listed here:

http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa362670(VS.85).aspx

From several bits of documentation I've found it looks like you should be able
to add custom types, but I couldn't find an API for it.

> If so, tell me what the contents of the "SystemStartOptions" string is
> inside the "\\Registry\\Machine\\System\\CurrentControlSet\\Control" key
> in regedit, and I'll see what I can do.

I think SystemStartOptions is only set for compatibility reasons, mine only
contains a few of the BCD options that are set. How it maps BCD options to a
SystemStartOptions value.. no clue. I couldn't get it to include a custom
string there.

The ver output on Windows Server 2008:

Microsoft Windows [Version 6.0.6001]

And Vista:

Microsoft Windows [Version 6.0.6000]

Please not that localized versions also translate the "Version" string, eg a
Dutch version says "[versie 6.0.6000]" instead.

Onno