Re: [Xen-users] cpu does not support long mode. use 32 bit distribution.

Hi,

what is the output of

xm info

Maybe you installed the 32bit hypervisor?

Arpan Jindal schrieb:
hi all
i am trying to boot from rhel5.1 x86_64 image. with the following configuration

kernel = "/usr/lib/xen/boot/hvmloader"
builder='hvm'
memory = 3048
name = "rhel51"
vcpus=1
cpus = ""
vif = [ 'type=ioemu, bridge=xenbr0' ] disk = [ 'phy:/dev/cciss/c0d0p7,ioemu:hda,w', 'file:/tmp/rhel5.iso,ioemu:hdc:cdrom,r' ]
on_poweroff = 'destroy'
on_reboot   = 'restart'
on_crash    = 'destroy'
device_model = '/usr/lib64/xen/bin/qemu-dm'
boot='d'
sdl=0
vnc=1
vncviewer=0
stdvga=0
serial='pty'
ne2000=0
usb=1
usbdevice='tablet'
when i use : xm create /etc/xen/rhel51 -c i am able to see the installation screen of rhel by as press enter it gives me error as: Your cpu does not support long mode. use 32 bit distribution.

what might be issue. as my server is intel xeon server(with is 64 bit ) with 4 cpus and 32 gb of ram. kindly let me know if i am doing something wrong in configuration file. ot if there is some other way to install linux under xen via iso image. thanks

Stephan Seitz
Senior System Administrator

*netz-haut* e.K.
multimediale kommunikation

zweierweg 22
97074 würzburg

fon: +49 931 2876247
fax: +49 931 2876248

web: www.netz-haut.de <http://www.netz-haut.de/>

registriergericht: amtsgericht würzburg, hra 5054