Re: [Xen-users] Release 0.8.0 of GPL PV Drivers for Windows

  • To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: "Fajar A. Nugraha" <fajar@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2008 08:47:17 +0700
  • Delivery-date: Mon, 25 Feb 2008 17:47:25 -0800

jim burns wrote:
On Sunday 24 February 2008 10:53:03 pm Jim Burns wrote:
On Sunday 24 February 2008 10:34:29 pm Fajar A. Nugraha wrote:
You've posted disk I/O benchmark result. How is the network performance?
Sorry - brain freeze! Don't know of a good network benchmark, so doing
informal file copies from domu to dom0. I'm getting ~1.5Mpbs.

Sorry again. In all cases, that's mega bytes per sec (MBps), bridged networking.

That seems decent. Although to be honest, I was expecting several hundred Mbps (which is what I get with Xen/Linux PV) or at least close to 100 Mbps (which is what I get with VMWare). But at least your results look a lot better than mine.

What system does it run on (distro/xen versions)?
Did you add anything special to xen config file (something like acpi=1)?
Last time I check, without that switch, Windows will be unable to use SMP. Changing that switch also requires reinstalling Windows.

Regards,

Fajar