[Xen-users] xm dump-core and an XP HVM

  • To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: "Ryan Persaud" <ryan.persaud@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2008 16:40:16 -0500
  • Delivery-date: Tue, 26 Feb 2008 13:40:53 -0800

Hello,

This may be more of a developer question.  If so, please let me know, and I will ask it there instead.  I am running Xen 3.1 with a Windows XP HVM, and I want to get a straight dump of physical memory.  The dump-core command adds a lot of ELF cruft, so I commented out the ELF related portions of xc_domain_dumpcore_via_callback.  However, when I run dump-core, I am still getting quite a few more pages in my dump file than I should (nearly 10MB worth).  Has anyone else attempted to do this, or have any idea of what might be the issue?  I can understand the utility of having the dump file conform to ELF format, but it's also useful to get just the raw memory since there are tools out there that can take a Windows physical dump and analyze it.

Thanks for the help,
-Ryan