Re: [Xen-users] IPcop in Xen

I also have IpCop 1.4.18 running inside a fully virtualized (HVM) domain.  I am using CentOS 5.1 / Xen 3.1.  I only use two network cards, though, one for the local network (green), and then one for the cable modem (red).  The script Jason provided will also work for a two-network card arrangement, just remove the last line.

In order to use IpCop as a PV guest, you need to use a newer kernel that can be made xen-aware.  I have tried compiling in Xen support into the 2.6.22 kernel used by the IpCop 1.9 that is in development, but so far to no avail.  The Xen kernel patches are conflicting with the other patches they apply to the kernel before compiling it).  So that just leaves the options of not using the other patches (which I am going to assume are required), or not PV IpCop.

If someone can point me in the right direction of just adding the PV drivers (netfront, xennet, vbd, pcifront, etc.), then I will try and make a stab at just compiling those into the kernel, so it can at least know that all of its devices are virtual, even if it thinks it has its own processor.

~Michael