Re: [Xen-users] Xen 3.1 / Xen 3.2 + DRBD 8.2.4

Hello,

After many tests, I'm still having problems with my XEN kernel and DRBD 0.8.X
But I'm thinkning about something :
for those who have working setup, how do you use the drbd module ? Did you compile it for the kernel, or did you patch you kernel before compiling it ?

For my setup, I've patched the kernel, and then build the Xen packages.

Cheers,

--
Serge Dewailly

Ralf Schenk wrote:
Serge Dewailly schrieb:
Hi all !

Is anyone using xen kernel + drbd 8.2.4 ?
I don't know exactly if my problems come from the addition of the two packages, or from drbd 8.2.4, but I encoutered kernel panic 2 times when trying to do first sync of drbd resources :s

Cheers,

Hello !

I'm using XEN 3.2 and DRBD 8.2.4 on a Cluster of two Single-Socket QuadCore Systems (Intel 3010 Chipset, MSI Rackmount Server Barebones) and it works fine.

Performance (DRBD on LVM on Software RAID 1 on 2 SATA HDD's) is good, no problems until now. The 2 node cluster is not productive yet but I tried heartbeat (V1) failover and even live-migration. Dom0 and the 2 DomU's are based on Ubuntu Dapper 6.0.6 Server. XEN and kernel + DRBD are "handmade".

Bye