Re: [Xen-users] Intel VT-d Support

On Wed, Mar 05, 2008 at 12:00:06PM +0100, Stephan Seitz wrote:
>  Igor Chubin schrieb:
> > Hello all, please tell me, how can I be sure that my Xen installation is
> > built with Intel VT-d support?
> > Something like xm info | grep -i KEY-REGULAR-EXPRESSION
> > xm dmesg | grep -i KEY-REGULAR-EXPRESSION
> > What line I should look for?
> > And if it's really built with it, how can I be sure, that Xen has
> > successfully initialized VT-d hardware?
>
>  As far as I know, xm dmesg should show this, but I didn't find any vt-d
>  enabled hardware by now.
>  If you're hardware supports vt-d could you please post the model and vendor?

This is in my xm dmesg:
(XEN) HVM: VMX enabled
(XEN) VMX: MSR intercept bitmap enabled
(XEN) CPU0: Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU           E5430  @ 2.66GHz stepping 06

And in my xm info:
xen_caps               : xen-3.0-x86_64 xen-3.0-x86_32p hvm-3.0-x86_32
hvm-3.0-x86_32p hvm-3.0-x86_64

Note that VMX support might be disabled by the BIOS.

--
lfr
0/0