Re: [Xen-users] restoring files to guest domains

On 03/06/2008 02:37 AM, Nico Kadel-Garcia wrote:
Don't run the "mount". Use "xm" to export that LVM snapshot to the guest domain, and mount it *inside* the guest domain. Then unmount, unexport it, and flush the snapshot.

This sounds like an interesting approach. I'll have to look into it tonight and see if I can make it work. Thanks for the suggestion.

Alternatively, you can completely shut down the guest and mount both partitions and copy things to the old guest partition, but I don't think you want to do that.

Not at all.  :-)

By the way, why are you using partition based LVM images, rather than disk based LVM images?

No, they are disk-based. I'm just used to describing these things in terms of partitions. This is my first experience with LVM (obviously), so I just haven't adjusted to the new terminology yet.

--
Jared