[Xen-users] problems booting the guest domain

  • To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: "Nauman Rafique" <naumanr@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 6 Mar 2008 17:44:49 -0500
  • Delivery-date: Thu, 06 Mar 2008 14:45:33 -0800

I am working with xen 3.2 and linux version linux-2.6.18-xen, both downloaded with mercurial (that seems to be the only way to get XEN to work, even though the README and user guide don't say a word about it). I have got XEN, dom0 and xend to work. Now I am trying to boot a guest domain from a file backed VBD.

I am assuming that I can use the same kernel for both dom0 and domU, the same initrd file, and that the kernel does not have to be inside the file backed VBD.

First, I cannot get rid of warning about /lib/tls, even though I have moved it to /lib/tls.disabled. I don't mind the warning as much as the 5 second wait.

Second, my domU kernel does not boot. I get this after the warning goes away.

------
SCSI subsystem initialized
Adaptec aacraid driver (1.1-5[2409]-mh2)
------

Now there is not much information to work with. Can somebody help me to find what can be going wrong.

I have followed the instructions in user guide to create VBD. And my configuration file is the default, without much changes. The same kernel boots fine for dom0.

Thanks.
--
Nauman