Re: [Xen-users] Newer kernel with dom0 support?

  • To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: Gryffus <gryffus@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 09 Mar 2008 04:18:47 +0100
  • Delivery-date: Sat, 08 Mar 2008 19:19:23 -0800

Hey i'm also interested in this... No-one can give an answers? Please?

Best Regards
   Gfs

Christoph Geißinger napsal(a):
I'm currently very frustrated with xen. To describe my problems I want
to describe my goal.
(maybe I'm on the wrong way with my ideas or there is a simpler solution
a la the 2.6.25 kernel will have dom0 support *doh* ;-) )
Goal:
My goal is to have linux running and on one of the linux desktops there
should be a windows operating system. I intend to have hibernating
support because all this stuff takes loads of time to load and some
cryptography support (about this I haven't cared so far at all).
As I want to install a fglrx kernel module I need a kernel build
environment.

Problem:
It is possible without problems to build domU kernels with all the
requirements I have. But  for the dom0 kernel as a 2.6.18 I see
problems. (e.g. hibernating does not work there).

Solution?? I'd be very happy if someone could point me a way to accomplish this. I
already have problems with what I would think is the very first step to
do this:
Patch the 2.6.18 dom0 kernel so it gets a higher version. There are some kernel patches from redhat for dom0 kernels. (I've been
told that they are here:
http://git.et.redhat.com/?p=linux-2.6-dom0-pvops.git;a=summary )
Is this correct? Do I have a kernel build environment for my fglrx then?
How does it work?
Thanks in advance!