Re: [Xen-users] 802.1Q VLAN vs xenbr0

Hello!

On Thu, 2008-03-06 at 09:38 +0100, Dariusz Malec wrote:

> What does it mean "you lost your vlan"? if you have assign an ip addres
> to eth0.260 interface you will lost a communication when you add this
> interface to the bridge.

Yep. I was using ssh to manage one remote computer, and I lost this
connection when I've added the bridge.

> Try to configure eth0.260 with no ip addr assigned, add this interface
> to the bridge and assign ip address to the xenbr0 interface. You should
> be able to ping your hosts in vlan260 from dom0.

I've tried a lot of combination, and my final solution was:

- Does not use any IP/Alias on bridge interface
- Use another VLAN (TAG 272 on my example) to management

Some like this:
http://wiki.xen-br.org/images/4/4b/Xen.png

Thanks for you tip and attention!

--