[Xen-users] FW: oprofile 0.9.3 xen symbols incorrect

Hi

I am using oprofile 0.9.3 on xen cs 16540 on an Intel system.

When I look at the top “hot” functions, I see p2m_change_type being one of the top function in xen-syms. This function is only in the svm (AMD) code and should not appear on an Intel system. I see that this function is not being clled at all when I am running my apps as I have put printk in the functions and they do not show up anywhere in the dmesg.

Is it possible that oprofile is picking up the symbols from elsewhere? The /root/.profile/daemonrc file shows the correct xen-syms file, so obviously it is not using that..

(I am profiling a HVM domain using passive-domains in the command line for opcontrol)

Thanks

-Padma