Re: [Xen-users] Compiling Xen-3.2.0

thanks to everybody but I am giving up, I managed to compile xen on two servers so far, everything was smooth..
not with this F@#.#ING HP laptop, I tried basically everything and I was indeed updating the correct .config

Problem might be in a conflict in the sata section, somewhere around modules pata_atiixp and ahci, so if I enable the old ATA disk access it asks me for the sata_sil, so I enable the scsi and sata_sil and it asks me pata_atiixp ............it's a loop!
Then I found this page
http://linuxmafia.com/faq/Hardware/sata.html
and I believe the problem it's only about finding the correct combination of modules for my sata implementation.
anyone managed to install xen 3.2 on a laptop (with sata) ?

On Wed, Mar 12, 2008 at 8:21 AM, Jeremie Le Hen <jeremie@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi Edoardo,

On Mon, Mar 10, 2008 at 07:30:41PM +0100, Edoardo Ceccarelli wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 29, 2008 at 3:28 PM, Jeremie Le Hen <jeremie@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> To make it short: "make prep-kernels" create a build directory for the
> > kernel ***where you can copy your .config file***.  DO NOT CREATE A
> > .config FILE IN THE KERNEL SOURCE TREE.
> >

> the HOWTO is nice
> so I guess if I have to change some kernel settings I shall run "make
> menuconfig" inside the same
>
> build-linux-2.6.18-xen_x86_64/
>
> folder, after prep-kernels, right?

My advice is to use go to the Linux kernel source, use whatever make
target you want and add "O=$BUILDDIR".

For example:
% root# cd linux-2.6-git
% root# make menuconfig O=../build-linux-2.6.18-xen_x86_64

Hope this helps.
Best regards,
--
Jeremie Le Hen