Fwd: Re: [Xen-users] GuestOS can not login on Xen 3.0?

Ahh, xen list, I've been jones-ing for you the last couple of days :-)

Subject: Re: [Xen-users] GuestOS can not login on Xen 3.0?
Date: Tuesday 11 March 2008
From: jim burns <jim_burn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

On Sunday 09 March 2008 10:34:17 pm snowlover wrote:
> My HostOs is fedora 8 and I want to run fedora 6 on Xen 3.0.
> However ,at the end of starting up fedora 6 ,there is no login to input and
> 'xm list' shows GuestOS is blocked. I don't understand what's wrong with
> that?

More than likely your fc6's /etc/inittab doesn't have an agetty started for
the xen console. I believe for fc6, it will understand /dev/xvc0, and the
dom0 (fc8) will expect that as the default, so no need to
add 'extra="console=xvc0"' to your guest's config (altho' extra="xencons=tty"
wouldn't hurt, for your boot messages). Btw, fc8 uses xen 3.1.x.

Then the end of your fc6 guest's inittab & /etc/securetty should be:

inittab:
# Run gettys in standard runlevels
co:2345:respawn:/sbin/agetty xvc0 9600 vt100-nav
1:2345:respawn:/sbin/mingetty tty1
2:2345:respawn:/sbin/mingetty tty2
3:2345:respawn:/sbin/mingetty tty3
4:2345:respawn:/sbin/mingetty tty4