Re: [Xen-users] PCI passthrough working on Xen 3!

On Fr, MÃr 14, 2008 at 10:11:55 -0700, Ivan Gonzalez wrote:
> Hi Jeff.
>
> I read that you use PCI Passthrough and works well, i
> was wonder if you can tell me how you do that 'cause i
> can't find how to do it :( and i really need to.

For PV domains you can make it work in a way described
in the Xen Users' Manual.

If you need PCI passthrough for an HVM-domain,
you must have

1) Hardware with VT-d support (VT-x is not enough!)
2) Xen 3.2 or Xen 3.3-unstable with VT-d support

How to use VT-d to make PCI passthrough
described here:

http://wiki.xensource.com/xenwiki/VTdHowTo

> So if you can give some advice about how you do it
> would be really helpful.
>
> I appreciate your help Jeff.
> Regards
> Ivan