Re: [Xen-users] Cacti-based monitoring

On Wed, 19 Mar 2008, William Pitcock wrote:

Hi,

On Wed, 2008-03-19 at 22:58 -0400, Brian A. Seklecki wrote:

Just install the Net-SNMP agent on the hypervisor and monitor it like
any other system.

Xen should have a MIB and AgentX/SMUX sub-agent for all of the Xen-specific stuff. I'd be very _very_ surprised if it didn't -- after all, isn't somone trying to charge money for it? :)

Results 1 - 10 of about 26,900 for xen SNMP agentx. (0.36 seconds)

Raw CPU is easy to capture on GNU/Linux.

Target[kontor.cpusum]:ssCpuRawUser.0&ssCpuRawUser.0:public@xxxxxxxxxx + ssCpuRawSystem.0&ssCpuRawSystem.0:public@xxxxxxxxxx + ssCpuRawNice.0&ssCpuRawNice.0:public@xxxxxxxxxx

~BAS

Yes. I've done that, but I want to monitor things which Net-SNMP cannot
monitor by default, like Xen-specific details such as the bare metal CPU
usage, and bare metal RAM usage.

I am already running Net-SNMP to monitor bandwidth usage.

William

l8*
        -lava (Brian A. Seklecki - Pittsburgh, PA, USA)
               http://www.spiritual-machines.org/

    "Guilty? Yeah. But he knows it. I mean, you're guilty.
    You just don't know it. So who's really in jail?"
    ~Maynard James Keenan