[Xen-users] HVM Network Speed

  • To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: "Jonathan Kressin" <jkressin@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2008 14:37:43 -0500
  • Delivery-date: Mon, 24 Mar 2008 12:38:20 -0700

Hello,

I have another question regarding Xen.  I have noticed, and discovered that it is normal that the network speed from my Xen WinXP HVM instance is not that great. (ie:  it is faster to copy files from one computer to another on my network then from my HVM to the local machine).

I am seeing that one way around this are the paravirtualization drivers offered thru the commercial version of the software.  Do you know if it is possible to load those drivers onto a non xen-source setup?

I'm still trying to build that media server HVM.  The PCI roadblock is slowing me down, but I found a USB recorder with hardware MPEG encoder that should do the trick.  Gotta hold off buying that, but at least I can try getting other parts of the system working a bit better.

Thanks!
Jonathan