Re: [Xen-users] DomU crashes sometimes

On Tue, 25 Mar 2008, Rudi Ahlers wrote:

Steven Timm wrote:
32-bit paravirt clients on 64-bit domU don't work well with centos,
either do 64 on 64, or use HVM, or 32 on 32.  At least that was
my experience when I tried it.

Steve Timm

I am currently using a base Scientific Linux distro (which has the same upstream source and problems with 32 on 64 as centos does) in the dom0 and domU and then taking the Xen kernels and utilities from xen.org and running those in dom0 and domU. That works fine but it is a lot of work to get the new kernels in every time.

I've never tried windows or freebsd as a domU in the above configuration
or any other but I'm sure there are others around here that have.

Steve Timm