Re: [Xen-users] GIGABYTE GA-M57SLI-S4 rev 2.0 motherboard HVM support

Tony Hoyle wrote:

> Not very impressive from them though... they've gone out of their way to
> avoid 'supporting' virtualisation.  The CPU supports it by default -
> they've actively switched it off.
>
> Sounds like a marketing trick to charge a premium to put the support
> back in.  Same board, HVM switched on... $50 extra.
>
> Tony

After a very long time of hearing nothing from Gigabyte, I thought I check
to see if there was a new bios. Turns out there are several since I asked
them about this and the after installing the latest, I have an option in the
bios to turn on virtualization. Sure would have been nice if they told me
they did this.