[Xen-users] Re: use usb isdn modem in guest

Hi Marcus,

is it possible to use a usb isdn modem in a guest, I'm using the
standard xen on SLES10. Which changes should I make in the  guest config
file? The modem is a usb isdn modem from fritz.

I'm running an Asterisk PBX DomU using a fritz isdn pci card on Ubuntu 7.10.
Drivers load without problems, capi & voice work fine for my PBX, but I
haven't tried to use fax or modem capabilities yet. Don't see why it wouldn't
work though.

What you'd need to do is use pciback.hide on dom0 kernel line to hide the
pci card from dom0, and add a pci = [ <pcicard id> ] section in your xen
domU config. You can use lspci to find out the pcicard id.

Greetz,
Mark.