Re: [Xen-users] VNC for Dom U

Dushmant Mohapatra wrote:
Hi,

Could any one please tell me a proper way to access my DomU using VNC.

I saw a thread related to this topic, but that did not seem to have the right thing.

I am using Xen 3.2 (compiled from source) on top of FC8-64bit. I am using a

jailtime.org file system image for FC 64 bit as my Dom U.

Thanks
DM
If you are using xen 3.1 or higher, just add a line that looks something similar to this to your vm config file.

vfb = ['type=vnc,vnclisten=0.0.0.0,vncunsed=1']

This uses the virtual frame buffer functionality in newer versions of xen. It sets the type of the vfb to be vnc and tells the vnc server to listen on all interfaces and use the first unused port above 5900. By default, if you don't define a listen address, xend will start the vnc server only listening on loopback. If you have the xmexample files that I think come with the source, they give some documentation on how to use the vfb option.

Mike Lovell