RE: [Xen-users] Conflict with Xen bridge?

  • To: <dbareiro@xxxxxxx>, "Xen-Users" <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: "Marquez, Anthony" <amarquez@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 30 Mar 2008 07:41:25 -0600
  • Delivery-date: Sun, 30 Mar 2008 06:42:00 -0700

Daniel, I am new to using Linux and Xen but here is what I have had to do to
get Xebr0 working.

When you do the install, you are asked to use DHCP or manually input and IP.
When using DHCP I couldn't get Xenbro to come up as an option when I started
using Paravirtualization (gui one) as an option. Only option I had was VIRTUAL
and using the vifxx option. When I rebuilt using an assigned (manual) IP Xenbr0
became an option and everything worked - each VM was assigned an IP and could
be seen outside our firewall.

I have rebuilt these machines about 20 times (one PE2950 housing three virtual
RHEL5 OS connected to an EMC array)now since we are migrating off our IBM
mainframe to a RedHat/Jboss/MySQL alternative. So while programmers are working
on Java I have been playing with options for Linux/RHEL5.1 and Xen connected to
a EMC CX-10c.

A newbie here but hope that helps.

Tony