Re: [Xen-users] Re: Accessing an LV domU

On Mon, Mar 31, 2008 at 10:02 AM, Simone <dezmodue@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> disk = [ 'phy:XenVG/qanew,xvda,w', 'phy:XenVG/qanew_swap,xvdb,w' ]
>
> I create only one partition xvda1 mounted as / and filesystem ext3 while
> xvdb1 is used as swap, and GRUB is installed on MBR
>
> Once the installation is done and the VM is not on, I try to mount
> /dev/XenVG/qanew on /opt/test but it complains I need to specify filesystem,
> if I run mount -t ext3 .... it complains it is not an ext3 filesystem.

XenVG/qanew doesn't contain a filesystem.  it contains a partition,
which contains a filesystem.

if you're using PV DomU's, simply change to

disk = [ 'phy:XenVG/qanew,xvda1,w', 'phy:XenVG/qanew_swap,xvdb,w' ]

so you have a 'partition' without partition table.

if you're using HVM DomU's, you have to keep the partition table, so
you have to 'skip' it when reading the filesystem from Dom0.... don't
remember right now how to do it, somebody else might help you there.

--
Javier