Re: [Xen-users] Host uses one NIC; Guest OS uses other NIC

On Tue, 2008-04-01 at 02:41 +0300, Igor Chubin wrote:
> On Mo, MÃr 31, 2008 at 12:49:33 -0400, James Pifer wrote:
> > I'm trying to setup my first Xen server that will host two Virtual
> > Servers. I have the first guest OS installed, but I cannot get it to
> > connect to the network.
>

> Please, show the output of
>
> # brctl show
>
> run in dom0
>
> and provide more info about procedure you use
> to test network connectivity.

xen01:~ # brctl show
xenbr1          8000.feffffffffff       no              vif3.0

As far as testing I have no connectivity on the guest OS (Suse 10.1).
Firewall is turned off. iptables -L gives:
# iptables -L
Chain INPUT (policy ACCEPT)

Chain FORWARD (policy ACCEPT)

Chain OUTPUT (policy ACCEPT)

On dom0 iptables -L shows:
iptables -L
Chain INPUT (policy ACCEPT)

Chain FORWARD (policy ACCEPT)
ACCEPT     all  --  anywhere             anywhere            PHYSDEV match
--physdev-in vif3.0

Chain OUTPUT (policy ACCEPT)

As far as testing, I can't ping, I can't ssh, I can't do anything to or
from the statically assigned address that I've assigned the host.

The IP address is not being used
The subnet is correct
The default gateway is set (although I can't even get to things on the
same subnet anyway)

What other information can I provide? Or, any suggestions?

Thanks,
James