Re: [Xen-users] Host uses one NIC; Guest OS uses other NIC

> You have eth0 of domain 3 connected to xenbr1
> but that's is all.
>
> No peth1 or someting like that in dom0.
>
> So it's normal that you can't ping any host
> outside the network (and even dom0!).
> Packets simply have no way to go out.
>

> You must create the bridge in a way, that will allow it
> to be connected to real interface (eth0 in your case).
>
> Please, tell how you create the bridge.

At one point I had to stop the bridge to edit the network settings. I
used this command:
/etc/xen/scripts/network-bridge stop netdev=eth0

I assumed this was enough to bring it all back up:
/etc/xen/scripts/network-bridge start netdev=eth0

Did I miss something, or should that be enough?

Apparently not, because that's how I ended up at that state. Since I
didn't really know what brctl show should look like, I rebooted the host
machine. Now everything is working. brctl show now looks like:

xen01:~ # brctl show
xenbr1          8000.feffffffffff       no              vif0.1
                                                        peth1
                                                        vif1.0

I appreciate the help.

James