Re: [Xen-users] booting domU with multiple concatenated ramdisks?

> Some bootloaders (eg. syslinux) have to ability to load multiple
> ramdisks, effectively concatenating them.  This makes it very easy
> to augment ramdisks, like eg. customizing an installer.  Can I do
> something similar with XEN?  Separating the ramdisk cpio arhives with
> commas in the config file didn't work...

I don't think this is currently possible.  There was some work done by a
developer in adding the ability to load multiple modules with the domain
builder (for supporting GNU HURD) but I don't know what happened to it.  I
don't *think* it was actually checked in.

What do you actually require here?  Do you *literally* just need concatenation
of the ramdisks in memory?  Some metadata too?  It's probably not very hard
to hack pygrub to build a compound "ramdisk" image containing the
concatenated contents of multiple files (possibly with some other goop in
there) in a file, then pass *that* to the domain builder.  It would be harder
to modify the domain builder itself to load multiple files directly.

Cheers,
Mark