Re: [Xen-users] xen new throws python error

Hi Kai,

I noticed that also.  It will read my "old" configuration files located in /etc/xen either using "xm create" to start a guest domain from the CLI/shell or in the Virtual Machine Manager in GNOME.

All the new files created for new guests with Xen 3.2 are stored in /var/lib/xend/domains/ with a UID and a single config.sxp.  To start up a guest domain with the new config.sxp files, I use the following command from the CLI/shell:
# xm create --config=/var/lib/xend/domains/UID/config.sxp
For the old Python ones:
# xm create guest_domain_name
If the above doesn't work, this should (Note: this is for the old config files):
# xm create --defconfig=/etc/xen/guest_domain_config
You can replace --config with -F and --defconfig with -f.  They're synonymous with the capital "F" being for newer XML configuration files and the lowercase "f" for the older python scripts.

Good luck!

Kai Schaetzl wrote:
Many thanks. I had grepped for "xml" in the yum output, but not for "XML".
There's obviously a dependency missing in the rpms.

After installing PyXML I can now use xen new, but I see it doesn't work
like I hoped it would work. It can't read the plain text config files that
were created by virt-manager. There is an option -F for using "sxp" config
files and I was assuming that might be the correct one, but it's not
working either (it always says the file is not there, although it is).
Is there a conversion tool or are we supposed to convert manually?

Kai

--
Daniel Kao
Übermind, Inc.