[Xen-users] remoteDispatchClientRequest: internal error

  • To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: Mathew <mathew.snyder@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 03 Apr 2008 08:20:23 -0400
  • Delivery-date: Thu, 03 Apr 2008 05:21:34 -0700

I installed and ran virt-manager but when I attempted to connect to a remote xen test server I was first asked to enter the root password (this seems to be rather counter-security conscious). After entering the password I was shown the error indicated in the subject:

libvir: Remote error : remoteDispatchClientRequest: internal error: library function returned error but did not set virterror

Not very descriptive and the xend logs don't really give more info that makes any sense to me. What is this really saying and is it something I can fix.

Xen is running via 64-bit RHEL 5.  I'm connecting from openSuSE 10.3.

Thanks for any help
Mathew
--
"Once I thought I was wrong but, I was mistaken."

Keep up with me and what I'm up to: http://theillien.blogspot.com