RE: [Xen-users] Dom0 Crashes on High I/O

> Stefan de Konink wrote:
>> > Unless there has been a recent radical change to Xen it isn't possible
>> to overcommit memory like other virtualization systems.
>>
>> Trust me; this is totally unrelated to Xen and NFS problems were already
>> causing this on 3.1.
>>

>> Reproducable with:
>> Loopback file on NFS. Twice the size as the host ram.
>> Now run bonnie++. In a VM.
>
> So, what are you saying? What are you recommending? Is there a bug
> filed somewhere that might apply here?

I have mentioned it on xen-devel, and probably on bugzilla. And is one of
the reasons to use iSCSI over NFS. Someone told me that it could be fixed
by setting the memory overcommit for Linux to 'do not do it'. That is some
setting in /etc/sysctl.conf

Stefan

ps. remove the annoying signature