[Xen-users] VLANS, xen & bridges

Hello,

I have RHEL5 running on a bunch of Dell blade chassis. I have eth0 & eth1 connected to two different switches. The switch ports to the blades are setup as 'switchport mode trunk'. I would like to create a couple xen bridges and attach the vlans and domains to the bridges.

Example

VLAN 100 = PublicVLAN
VLAN 101 = PrivateVLAN

#vconfig add eth0 100
#vconfig add eth1 100
#vconfig add eth0 101
#vconfig add eth1 101

#brctl addbr vlan100
#brctl addif vlan100 eth0.100
#brctl addif vlan100 eth1.100

#brctl addbr vlan101
#brctl addif vlan101 eth0.101
#brctl addif vlan101 eth1.101

Domain0 should be in the PrivateVLAN *only*

#brctl addif vlan101 vif0.0

Add STP to the parent interfaces
#brctl addbr STP-Bridge
#brctl stp on
#brctl addif STP-Bridge eth0
#brctl addif STP-Bridge eth1

DomainUs should be in different VLANs depending on their roll (some are in both, some are in only 1 VLAN

#brctl addif vlan100 vif3.0
#brctl addif vlan101 vif3.1

The idea behind this is if I lose a switch in the blade chassis the DomUs will still be able to reach their upstream gateways and each other through the other switch. If I migrate a DomU to another blade the IPs & MACs would follow the DomU to the bridge running on the other blade and traffic will follow

How do I configure Domain0 so it is in the Private VLAN (vlan101 bridge)

Are the xen networking scripts sophisticated enough to handle VLANs or will I need to hack them up?

--
Matthew S. Crocker
President

E: matthew@xxxxxxxxxxx