RE:RE: [Xen-users] How does VNC in Xen worked?

Thanks for your explanation.
I'm wondering whether there're any articles or papers discussing the implementation of VNC server in Xen system. I surfed XenWiki but did not find much.

I would wish to do a little development myself if more information avaliable since I'm familiar with vnc infrastructure.

Thank you again for your kindly help.

Warm Regards,
Lucky

"Ross S. W. Walker" <rwalker@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote: Lucky wrote:

> Hi everyone,
> I'm wondering the mechanism of VNC server in Xen. If anyone has
> some reference article please kindly indicate.
>
> I'm wondering whether VNC in Xen need one to install VNC server
> in the guest domain. I'm still trying to connect to my guest domain
> (RHEL4) from a remote VNC client but had not succeed yet.
>
> While doing this, I'm wondering how VNC service in Xen worked. Does it:
>
> 1- Just running a vnc server in the guest domain and we could
> configure to access the guest domain through a network bridge
> in Xen. In this case, the VNC service indeed has nothing to
> do with Xen system, and it's only an application in guest
> domain which could get through Xen's supervisor to the network.
>
> Or:
>
> 2- VNC server was a part built in IOEMU module of Xen, and
> directly grub the keyboard, mouse, and screen IO from the
> supervisor. In this case, the guest domain OS is not aware
> about whether the VNC service is running, and it just
> receives normal input/output IO from Xen system.

It's #2.

> The above are two possible way that I could imaging, but if
> VNC is running by other miracle methods, please kindly
> explain or indicate references.

Take a look at /etc/xend-config.sxp for allowing guest vnc
to listen on all interfaces by default (normally it's just the
loopback).

Or if you wish to configure it per-guest (more secure) you
will need the vnclisten option set to '0.0.0.0' in the guests'
config files to have them listen on all interfaces.

-Ross

欧逸丽庭超值特价房仅限9席,5550元起。010-61598313