Re: [Xen-users] I finally got Xen working on paravirtual as well

On Wednesday April 09 2008 10:24:59 pm trist007 wrote:
> I found out that I couldn't get the network device to bridge because I was
> selecting virtual network instead of bridge network on the xen setup
> screen. Anyhow, it works great.  I noticed that my xen fedora version and
> my regular non xen fedora version run side by side.  For example, if I
> install something or make a change on one version it makes that change on
> the other version.  Is there any way to separate them?  Cause I want to
> install the nvidia driver on the non xen one and leave it blacklisted in
> the xen one.

I handle that by having two xorg.conf's that solely differ in
the 'Driver "nv"' or 'Driver "nvidia"' statement. On Fedora, I would put that
early in the boot sequence, probably in the udev scripts
in /etc/sysconfig/modules. Name it so it ends in .modules, and it would look
something like (untested):

if [ -f /proc/xen/capabilities ]; then
if `grep -q "control_d" /proc/xen/capabilities`; then
  cp /etc/X11/xorg.conf.nv /etc/X11/xorg.conf
  exit 0; fi; fi
cp /etc/X11/xorg.conf.nvidia /etc/xorg.conf

Then you just have to watch for system updates that might change xorg.conf,
and change your other two .conf files to match, except for the video driver.