[Xen-users] OT: mounted img file read-only.

So I've been converting Windows VMWare VM's to xen domU's using this
site as a guide:
http://ian.blenke.com/vmware/vmdk/xen/hvm/qemu/vmware_to_xen_hvm.html.

I even took a MS VM, converted to VMWare, then to a domU and it worked.

I have one PCI Device that is not being found on all the machines I've
done

Q1) I assume since these are full virtualization that I need the drivers
for the specific hardware?

I also had my first failed conversion. It fails in the steps replacing
the HAL version. When I mount the img file like:
mount -o loop,offset=$((63*512)),rw server.img /mnt

I can view the file system, but when I try to put the right HAL.dll in
place I get:
cp: cannot remove `/mnt/WINNT/system32/hal.dll': Read-only file system

Q2) Any ideas why this file system is Read-only? This is the same
procedure I've done on all my conversions. First 4 of them worked fine.

Any help is appreciated.

James