Re: [Xen-users] Xen network latencies

Joris Dobbelsteen wrote:
Dear,

I have a network that runs VoIP. It passes through an Xen box that has a firewall running as DomU. The VoIP traffic is very sensitive to jitter in arrival times. The jitter causes jerky audio. Its easy to reproduce by simply downloading a lot of data and saturating downstream bandwidth on the ADSL connection.

However I have a hard time figuring out the cause of the jitter, since my configuration is getting more complex at this point in time. So anyone has ideas how I can measure and determinate the cause of my problems? Maybe any solutions to this problem?

Hi Joris,

I can't recommend any way to measure the jitter but you may find a solution with a script called "wondershaper".

    http://lartc.org/wondershaper/

hth,
Mike Wright :m)