[Xen-users] Decent motherboard with VT-d (Intel) support?

  • To: Xen-user List <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: Daniel Kao <dkao@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2008 12:42:54 -0700
  • Delivery-date: Mon, 21 Apr 2008 12:43:23 -0700

I know most of the motherboards based off of the Intel Q35 northbridge usually have VT-d options for it to be enabled or disabled in the BIOS.  I've heard the same for Intel 5400's and Intel 3200/3210's but been looking through manuals for various server boards and don't see VT-d options in the BIOS.

However, I was wondering if anyone had success stories or suggestions on a motherboard which support VT-d on Intel boards or if there are any for AMD CPU's for their equivalent.  (I keep seeing references to IOMMU for AMD but haven't seen any boards out supporting it in my brief search).  I would like to test PCI passthru to HVM's.

Thanks in advance!
--
Daniel Kao
Übermind, Inc.