[Xen-users] Re: Re: Xen, LVM, DRBD, Linux-HA

Nico Kadel-Garcia <nkadel@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I've developing quite the same solution :)
> Machine A will have two separate disks - one for 'local' domUs,
> second for machine B domUs replicas). Machine B will also have two
> disk drives - one for local domUs and second as A domUs secondary
> device. Right now I'm probably in the same place you are (I'm also > very
> excited :]) but I hope all this is possible due to the fact,
> that block device names are exported to domU as virtual names.
>
> So if Dom1a uses /dev/vg0/dom1vda as 'xvda' on machine A,
> there is no problem that the same Dom1a would use
> /dev/vg1/dom1vda as 'xvda' on machine B.
Hold it. The contents of /dev/ are not usually part of a local file
system these days. They're usually 'udev' provided, at least on Linux,
and get auto-regenerated and mounted as a special type of file system
at boot time.

You mean /dev/ of dom0's?
I don't want to sync dom0s, but domUs only.
Probably somehow: drbd0 => xvda, where drdb0
is a sync of /dev/vg0/dom1vda at one machine
and /dev/vg1/dom1va at the second.

--
Tomek
 Dwie tajemnice gwarantujace sukces: