Re: [Xen-users] CentOS 5.1 Xen 3.2 patches

Ross S. W. Walker wrote:

Ah, just found out that libvirt.i386 is (no longer?) a dependancy for something I have installed. OK, so now it is purely academic :-)

Yes, I removed the silly artificial dependency with libvirt that
RH created, because 3.2 no longer needs libvirt to properly function.

Something else (forgot what) was depending on libvirt.i386. So now I could already remove it without breaking something.

Are you trying to run a 32-bit dom0 with a 64-bit hypervisor?

No. All 64-bit until now.

You're doing it the "poor-man's method" where you run a 64-bit Xen,
64-bit dom0 and 32-bit userland aren't you?

Is is an x86_64 CentOS 5.1 install which also has some i386 stuff installed (by the installer). So the majority of the userland is 64-bit.

Hmmm, A CentOS i386 DomU on a x86_64 system. Does that work nowadays?

It does with 3.2.

Great! Will give it a try.

Regards,

Bas.