Re: [Xen-users] Drivers for Win2k3 domU

James Pifer schrieb:
On Tue, 2008-04-22 at 20:27 -0400, James Pifer wrote:
I have a windows 2003 server that I converted from a vmware image to a
domU. It works, but I have one PCI Device that is not being found.

Search the xen-users and xen-devel ML for "GPL PV Drivers". These drivers
are developed by James Harper and AFAIK currently in version 0.8.8.
There _are_ issues using these drivers, but after a lot of testing I'm
using at least the network drivers without any problems.

Since it is full virtualization do I need the drivers for the specific
hardware?

Also, I tried instaling a win2k3 machine using virt manager and creating
a disk0 img file. The install starts fine, formats the disk, but then
bombs saying something about an invalid boot sector or something.

In general, LV's and flat files are not really different from the guests
point of view. I assume you're exporting only a partition (sda1, xvda1, hda1
...)
instead of a whole disk (sda, xvda, hda ...) to the guest.

How do you install Windows 2003 like this? I want it installed using an
img file for portability. When it goes production I'll probably dd it to
a lv.

Sorry for the lack of details. dom0 is running on SLES 10 SP1. Hardware
is an HP DL360 G5.

Thanks,
James

Stephan Seitz
Senior System Administrator

*netz-haut* e.K.
multimediale kommunikation

zweierweg 22
97074 würzburg

fon: +49 931 2876247
fax: +49 931 2876248

web: www.netz-haut.de <http://www.netz-haut.de/>

registriergericht: amtsgericht würzburg, hra 5054